Non-fungible token (NFT) art projects made in support of Ukraine have seen a surge in interest lately, with many artists both in Ukraine and elsewhere jumping on the chance to contribute to the cause.
To help readers get an overview of the many projects that now exists where proceeds go to support Ukrainian people in various ways, here is our list of some of the Ukraine-related NFT projects to date:
- Legendary boxer Wladimir Klitschko, the older brother of Kyiv Vitali Klitschko, has launched an NFT collection called Vandalz for Ukraine: WhIsBe x Wladimir Klitschko on the Open Sea marketplace to aid his homeland. The proceeds from the sale will go to Red Cross Ukraine and UNICEF. Prices start at ETH 0.04 (USD 104).
- UkraineDAOa decentralized autonomous organization created by a member of Russian feminist punk group Pussy Riot and NFT collectives Trippy Labs and PleasrDAOauctioned off an NFT depicting a Ukrainian flag for ETH 2,258 (USD 5.9m) on March 2. The auction is now overbut supporters are still invited to donate directly to UkraineDAO.eth.
- Ukrainian news outlets Ukrainska Pravda, Novoye Vremya and Hromadskein collaboration with the NFT platform vault, is offering exclusive content from inside Ukraine behind an NFT-powered paywall. the projects is described as “a joint fundraiser in an effort to help fund ongoing efforts to deliver reporting on the Russian invasion.”
- The independent Kyiv-based NFT artist Chernaya Rechka said on the day the war broke out that her third NFT drop on the Objective platform had been sold out, although more NFTs have been added later. “My warmest hugs and biggest gratitude to my wonderful collectors who providing me safety in these complicated times,” she added in an update on March 9.
- A Gallerythe custodian of several well-known Ukrainian artists, including Waone Interesni Kazki, is selling NFTs of some of the artists’ most famous paintings on OpenSea. Proceeds from several of the sales go to helping people in Ukraine, including support for organizations like Save the Children Ukraine.
- ArtWaRks_Ukraine, an NFT project aimed at providing support to the Ukrainian Army and civilians in need, has launched a number of NFTs themed on the war in Ukraine on OpenSea. Prices start at ETH 0.07 (USD 182).
- ukrainian gaming startup Holy Water have you set up a campaign aimed to raise more than USD 1m for Ukrainians suffering from the war through the sale of NFTs. The campaign has already entered into partnerships with galleries representing more than 200 Ukrainian artists, with 100% of the collected funds set to be donated.
- ikoniaa Kyiv and Gothenburg-based incubator and NFT platform has launched a new collection of 43,302,531 NFTs – one for every Ukrainian citizen – to raise funds for three Ukrainian charities. As reported, the NFTs will be on sale for USD 10 each and can be purchased using a credit or debit card. Having crypto in your wallet is not needed.
Individual Ukrainian NFT artists
In addition to the established NFT projects above, Ukraine is also home to a large number of independent NFT artists. Details about some of these independent artists have been shared by the NFT platform Oricawhile a community-curated list of artists has been shared by Nik Kalyani, an NFT collector and founder of the Web 3 development organization decentology.
– Kraken to Distribute USD 10M to Ukrainian Clients, Total Donations ‘Close to USD 100M’
– Ukraine Deputy Minister Praises Crypto Efficiency; Donations Spent on Military Needs
– Ethereum’s Buterin Reiterates Support for Ukraine, Educates Chinese on Patriotism
– Justin Sun Spoke of ‘Cooperation with Russia’ After Donating Funds to Ukraine
– EU Clarifies Crypto-Related Sanctions on Russia & Belarus, But Questions Remain
– Crypto Can Better Deter Sanction Evasion Compared to TradFi – Coinbase